How do I completely remove AutoChart PC from my computer so I can do a reinstall of the program?
- Backup the C:\ProgramData\AutoChart\ folder (This would include any recorded files, waypoints/notes, chart file indexes, color definitions, etc.)
- Place the AutoChart backup folder outside of the C Drive
- Uninstall AutoChart PC from the Control Panel by navigating to AutoChart PC and clicking Uninstall
- From Windows Explorer, make sure that under Local Disk (C:) Program Files (x86)\Johnson Outdoors Inc\AutoChart is completely removed ( C:\Program Files (x86)\Johnson Outdoors Inc\AutoChart )
- From Windows Explorer, make sure that under Local Disk (C:) ProgramData\AutoChart is completely removed ( C:\ProgramData\AutoChart )
- From the Windows Start Button, find the Registry Editor by typing in "regedit" in search and hit return to run regedit.exe to open the Registry Editor
- From the Registry Editor, in the left pane, select HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Johnson Outdoors Inc\AutoChart, right click and select Delete. At this point, all traces of AutoChart should be gone
- Reinstall AutoChart again from the CD-ROM
- Run AutoChart and enter your Activation Key located on the CD protective sleeve
- Close AutoChart and ensure it is not running
- Install the AutoChart update from HERE under the "Accessories & Mapping>AutoChart" section. Make sure you select the proper program to match the CD you have purchased.
If this full clear/re-install does not resolve the issue, either the DirectX drivers or a graphics card driver have become corrupt. This is typically caused by uninstalling other programs/updates or drivers. You would need to reinstall DirectX from Microsoft's website and update or revert the display driver.