If your Humminbird unit is not finding the bottom while using Built-in MEGA DI from the Minn Kota trolling motor, try the following:
- Check compatibility.
- (HELIX Models) Ensure the proper "Connected Transducer" setting in the Sonar Menu is selected: Built-In HW MDI+
- Set the “Max Sonar Depth” on the Humminbird to the lowest reasonable depth for your area. It is recommended to set it 10-20 feet deeper than the maximum depth you expect to use the product in.
- HELIX users: Main Menu (Press MENU twice) > Sonar tab > Max Depth
- SOLIX/APEX users: Home > Settings > CHIRP Sonar > Sonar Source > Transducer Setup > Max Depth
- When the trolling motor is in the stowed position and the Humminbird is powered on, the unit will continue to ping and search max depth which puts several seconds between pings. Leaving the sonar turned on while the transducer is out of the water can cause damage to both the Humminbird and the transducer sonar element.
- It is recommended to turn the Humminbird sonar off while the trolling motor is stowed or the out of the water. To do this, press the power key during operation. A menu will appear that will allow you to turn the sonar on/off.