Here is a link to the full LakeMaster Manual supporting compatible models.
Here is a link to the LakeMaster Quick Start Guide supporting compatible models
HELIX and Legacy(300-1100) models:
- Insert the LakeMaster card into either slot of your compatible Humminbird fish finder. Registration is not required. Depending on your HB model, it may be label facing right or facing left. You cannot insert it with ease incorrectly, so don’t force the card into the slot. Push until the card locks, close the cover. It is very important to reinstall the card reader door on the HELIX 5 and HELIX 7 models.
- Power up your unit. If you are indoors, choose simulator mode as you cannot pick up GPS satellite reception. Choose simulator mode by pressing the menu button when the Humminbird welcome screen appears (you will see “press menu for startup options” at the bottom of the screen) Highlight “simulator” and press the right arrow on the cursor button. It may take a moment to ‘boot’ up and load the map data.
- Bring the map view onto your screen by pressing your ‘view’ button until it displays. You will recognize it by the straight down view of a boat shaped cursor. The view, Bird’s Eye View does not display the LakeMaster map.
- If you have a GPS fix but you are not near the lake you want to investigate, you will need to select the lake from the lake list built in to the program. You will go to the HB Chart menu tab, select Lake List. You can sort this list and it is scrollable. You can then select the appropriate lake for viewing.
- If you do not see the lake list on the HELIX you will need to navigate back to the chart tab and make sure you have the map source set to Auto, or you may choose Humminbird Legacy.
- If it is set to Humminbird Basemap or Unimap, you will not have the Lakelist option.
- LakeMaster cards cannot be used on the FishSmart App.