What was included on software update 1.640?
Software update 1.640 was released 05-25-2018 for the following HELIX units:
- HELIX 5 CHIRP SI GPS G2/ HELIX 5x CHIRP SI GPS G2
- HELIX 5 CHIRP DI GPS G2/ HELIX 5x CHIRP DI GPS G2
- HELIX 5 CHIRP GPS G2
- ICE HELIX 5 CHIRP GPS G2
- HELIX 5 DI G2
- HELIX 5 SONAR G2
- HELIX 5 GPS G2
- HELIX 7 CHIRP SI GPS G2/ HELIX 7x CHIRP SI GPS G2
- HELIX 7 CHIRP DI GPS G2/ HELIX 7x CHIRP DI GPS G2
- HELIX 7 CHIRP GPS G2/ HELIX 7x CHIRP GPS G2
- ICE HELIX 7 CHIRP GPS G2
- HELIX 7 CHIRP DI G2/ HELIX 7x CHIRP DI G2
- HELIX 7 SONAR G2/ HELIX 7x SONAR G2
- HELIX 7x GPS G2
- HELIX 7 CHIRP SI GPS G2N/ HELIX 7x CHIRP SI GPS G2N
- HELIX 7 CHIRP DI GPS G2N/ HELIX 7x CHIRP DI GPS G2N
- HELIX 7 CHIRP GPS G2N/ HELIX 7x CHIRP GPS G2N
- HELIX 9 CHIRP SI GPS G2N/ HELIX 9x CHIRP SI GPS G2N
- HELIX 9 CHIRP MDI GPS G2N/ HELIX 9x CHIRP MDI GPS G2N
- HELIX 9 CHIRP DI GPS G2N/ HELIX 9x CHIRP DI GPS G2N
- HELIX 9 CHIRP GPS G2N/ HELIX 9x CHIRP GPS G2N
- HELIX 9 SI GPS/HELIX 9x SI GPS
- HELIX 9 DI GPS/HELIX 9x DI GPS
- HELIX 9 SONAR GPS/ HELIX 9x SONAR GPS
- HELIX 10 CHIRP SI GPS G2N/ HELIX 10x CHIRP SI GPS G2N
- HELIX 10 CHIRP MDI GPS G2N
- HELIX 10 CHIRP DI GPS G2N
- HELIX 10 CHIRP GPS G2N
- HELIX 10 SI GPS/HELIX 10x SI GPS
- HELIX 10 DI GPS
- HELIX 10 SONAR GPS
- HELIX 12 CHIRP SI GPS G2N, HELIX 12x CHIRP SI GPS G2N
- HELIX 12 CHIRP MDI GPS G2N
- HELIX 12 CHIRP DI GPS G2N
- HELIX 12 CHIRP GPS G2N
- HELIX 12 CHIRP SI GPS/ HELIX 12x CHIRP SI GPS
- HELIX 12 CHIRP DI GPS
- HELIX 12 CHIRP GPS
- Sun and Moon Data Readout – New data bar readout that provides Sun and Moon phase information.
- Added ability to display chart data before a GPS fix has been acquired. The position that is shown is the last known GPS location of the previous boot-cycle.
- Updated the 2D Sonar Contrast feature to provide better contrast options.
- Fixed an issue where certain HELIX 5 and 7 units were missing the Chart/DI combo view.
- Fixed an issue where the i-Pilot Link X-Press Remote could cause the X-Press menus to not appear if the i-Pilot Link was disconnected.
You will need:
- a working MMC/SD reader/writer device attached to your PC and
- formatted 32GB Class 10 or MMC/SD card
Please read carefully before proceeding.
We highly recommend that you RESTORE the defaults on your unit BEFORE you perform any software update. We also suggest that you disconnect any advanced accessories from the unit (i.e. Weathersense, Interlink, Cannonlink, etc) before proceeding. The exceptions to this would be if you have the Minn Kota iPilot Link or the Humminbird 360 Imaging attached. Both of these items need to be connected to the unit in order to update their software which is done via Ethernet.
How to Restore Defaults:
With the unit powered on, Press the MENU button twice to the main menu on the system. Then you press the RIGHT cursor until you get to the SETUP menu tab. Once you have reached the SETUP menu tab, use the DOWN cursor until you reach RESTORE DEFAULTS, you will then press the RIGHT cursor key to restore the defaults. To confirm press RIGHT cursor again.
To update with a Micro Card with SD Adapter
- After thoroughly reading these instructions, you can return to the Download dialogue box and click on Download. The software files are in a .bin format. You will not be able to open these files, they should only be saved.
- You will need to select to save this file to the Micro Card. (The Micro card may be listed as a removable disk, removable storage drive, MICRO). Do not modify the name of the file, then click on SAVE.
- After the Download Complete dialog box appears - click CLOSE
- Remove the MICRO Card from the card reader. After removing the MICRO card from the reader and before powering on the unit, we recommend that you disconnect any Advanced Accessories connected to the unit. This might include a GPS receiver, Interlink, Cannonlink, etc.
- POWER ON YOUR UNIT, allow the unit to go through the complete start up BEFORE pressing any buttons or selecting any menu options. After the unit has completed the loading process and you have clicked through the warnings and information, place the MICRO card in the unit.
- You will get a message on the unit saying SOFTWARE NUMBER “123” is higher than your current “120” software do you want to update?, Press the Right Cursor to Confirm.
- Another message will then appear saying do you want to ABORT, press the Left Cursor to NO at this time and the software update will begin. DO NOT POWER OFF THE UNIT DURING THIS TIME. If you lose power to the unit during the software upgrade process, it is very likely that the unit will need to be returned to the factory for updating.
Once the update is complete the unit will restart and say current SOFTWARE NUMBER “123” installed, no update required. It is now safe to remove the MICRO Card, and power off the unit.
- Once you have updated the software on the unit, we suggest that you add back your advanced accessories. If you have an Interlink, we suggest that you first connect to unit 1, power on the unit and allow it to update the software on your Interlink. After this you may reconnect the remaining advanced accessories.
Please note that 1.640 is an outdated version of the HELIX software, but may be required as a predecessor for certain updates. To view and download the latest update for your HELIX model, please visit our Software Updates page.