Create a Custom Shoreline from Google Earth
This article will instruct you how to create a custom shoreline in Google Earth and then import that shoreline into AutoChart PC or AutoChart Pro.
Create a Shoreline in the Google Earth Mapping Service
- On the Menu Bar, select "Tools" > "Launch Google Earth"
- Zoom in (+) until you have a clear view of the area.
- Enter a name in the dialog box. Do NOT close the dialog box.
- Use your mouse to draw the shoreline in one of the following ways:
- Hold down the left mouse button and drag the pointer along the shoreline.
- Check points across the shoreline
- When you are finished drawing, click "OK" in the dialog box.
- In the "Places" panel (on the left hand side of the Google Earth screen), right-click your saved path file.
- Select "Save Place As".
- Save the file as a ".kml" file.
Import the Shoreline
- Open AutoChart
- On the Menu Bar, select "File" > "Import/Convert"
- Select the .kml file you saved in the previous section. This file will be converted now to an .acd file.
- On the menu bar, select ""File" > "Open". Then select the .acd file you created in the previous step.