When to Install
The Charger Choke for Interference is designed to eliminate interference caused by a multiple bank on-board charger. The choke should be installed between the on-board battery charger and the cranking battery in most cases.
However, if you have a dedicated battery for your Humminbird electronics separate from the cranking battery, and it is connected to your on-board charger, we recommend installing it to this one instead.
How to Install
Supplies needed: Wire cutter, wire stripper, wire crimper, safety glasses, protective gloves, and a heating agent.
WARNING! Disconnect the power source for all related equipment before beginning the installation.
Perform the following:
- Disconnect the on-board charger from the main power source.
- Disconnect the charging cable from the desired battery.
- Use a wire cutter to cut the terminals off the charger cable. Cut as close to the terminals as possible.
- Strip back the shield on each wire approximately 1/4 inch (6.4 mm).
- Connect the stripped wires of the charger cable to the butt connectors on the choke cable (red to red and black to black).
- Securely crimp the wires in the butt connectors.
- Apply heat over the splice connection shrink insulation to secure the connection.
WARNING! Use extreme caution when applying heat to the shrink insulation.
- Connect the terminals on the choke cable to the desired battery.