Contour Elite 2 related error message stating:
Error activating or verifying license key
Activation server replied:
Activation completed successfully
User was not able to get past the activation screen when opening the program. It was determined that he had enabled a security setting that was interfering with the activation process.
The solution was to do the following:
- Open Control Panel
- Double click Administrative Tools
- In the right window, locate “Local Security Policy” and double click it.
- In the Local Security Policy Dialog, under Security Settings in the left window, click “Local Policies”
- In the right window double click “Security Options”
- You will see a long list of settings arranged alphabetically, probably beginning with “Accounts”.
- Scroll down until you see this entry: “System cryptography: Use FIPs compliant algorithms for encryption, hashing, and signing”.
- If this entry has “Enabled” next to it instead of “Disabled”, then double click it and chose “Disabled” from the dialog box.
- Click Ok, close control panel, and then launch Contour Elite.
- Retry the activation.
If the the program is currently installed on your computer, the attached link and executable file will correct access issues - https://www.sfsactivate.com/update/Contour%20Elite%126.96.36.199%20Install%20Update.exe
If the program has never been installed on your computer, or you are installing to a new computer, the following executable will correct the issue - https://www.sfsactivate.com/update/Contour%20Elite%188.8.131.52%20Install.exe
We have found in several cases that clicking on the link will cause a Mimecast blocker. If you copy the link and then paste it into a new url tab, it immediately starts downloading.
If you continue to get this message and the program is loaded on a work computer, you may need to involve your IT or Systems Administrator. Because these are executable files, some companies or government agencies block this type of download and it can only be completed by a System Administrator.
If this is a personal computer, you may need to do research on your Anti-Virus program settings. Unfortunately, we cannot assist you with this issue.