Contour Elite 2 related error message stating:
Error activating or verifying license key
Activation server replied:
Activation completed successfully
User was not able to get past the activation screen when opening the program. It was determined that he had enabled a security setting that was interfering with the activation process.
The solution was to do the following:
- Open Control Panel
- Double click Administrative Tools
- In the right window, locate “Local Security Policy” and double click it.
- In the Local Security Policy Dialog, under Security Settings in the left window, click “Local Policies”
- In the right window double click “Security Options”
- You will see a long list of settings arranged alphabetically, probably beginning with “Accounts”.
- Scroll down until you see this entry: “System cryptography: Use FIPs compliant algorithms for encryption, hashing, and signing”.
- If this entry has “Enabled” next to it instead of “Disabled”, then double click it and chose “Disabled” from the dialog box.
- Click Ok, close control panel, and then launch Contour Elite.
- Retry the activation.