This error message presents while drawing target areas on Contour Elite maps when opening the target tool.
The message includes this text:
Unhandled exception occurred……….
An error occurred in the CheckPolygon function of the Utils Class of MapWinGeoProc…….
There may be unhandled exceptions with somewhat different text that relate to the same issue.
If the user selects to draw a target area but then double clicks on a single spot or double clicks after a single line, this can corrupt the file that stores target area information. If you have "Draw new target area", you need to draw a polygon, not a single point or line. The symptoms of a corrupted target area file include:
-you can't draw another target area, spot, or line
-labels on target areas, spots, or lines disappear.
-if you open the target tool table, one/more of the entries will be blank.
The solution for this is to delete the corrupted target area file by doing the following:
1. Close Contour Elite or switch to a different lake.
2. Go to My Computer or "Computer" and open your C drive.
3. Navigate to Program Files > Strategic Fishing Systems > Contour Elite > Lakes > Lake X (Lake X is whichever lake you were having trouble with)
4. Then delete the 4 files that begin with "target_areas". DO NOT delete the other files beginning with "target_lines" and "target_spots".
5. Restart Contour Elite or switch back to the lake you were working on.
Unfortunately, you will lose any target areas you had already drawn on the map.
If the the program is currently installed on your computer, the attached link and executable file will correct access issues - https://www.sfsactivate.com/update/Contour%20Elite%18.104.22.168%20Install%20Update.exe
If the program has never been installed on your computer, or you are installing to a new computer, the following executable will correct the issue - https://www.sfsactivate.com/update/Contour%20Elite%22.214.171.124%20Install.exe
We have found in several cases that clicking on the link will cause a Mimecast blocker. If you copy the link and then paste it into a new url tab, it immediately starts downloading.
If the above is not resolving the issue, please try the following:
- Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Strategic Fishing Systems\Contour Elite
- Open the file called Activation.exe" config file
- Locate two entries for: http://www.sfsactivate.com/service.asmx
- Change both of these entries to: https://www.sfsactivate.com/service.asmx (Adding the "s" at the end of http) and save the file.
- Activate online like normal
If you continue to get this message and the program is loaded on a work computer, you may need to involve your IT or Systems Administrator. Because these are executable files, some companies or government agencies block this type of download and it can only be completed by a System Administrator.
If this is a personal computer, you may need to do research on your Anti-Virus program settings. Unfortunately, we cannot assist you with this issue.