The area under the boat that isn’t covered by the side imaging beam is very small (approximately 5 degrees to either side of vertical). The conventional down-looking sonar that is built into the side imaging transducer covers the areas below the boat and the Side Imaging Units allow you to view a split screen that will show both 2D coverage and Side Imaging sonar simultaneously.
Articles in this section
- High Speed Readings with a Side Imaging Transducer
- Side Imaging: Shallow Water Performance
- When I use a Side Imaging product am I missing critical information directly under my boat?
- About MEGA+ Imaging
- Is movement required for side imaging to work?
- Can side and down imaging transducers be installed inside the hull?
- Side Imaging Orientation
- Temperature and Depth Source when Using a Y Cable
- Side Imaging: Deep Water Performance
- Using Down Imaging Transducers with Side Imaging Units