How do I find the software version or serial number of my product?
There is more than one way in which you can determine the software version or serial number of your Humminbird unit. The method you would use may be model dependent.
HELIX and Legacy Models
- The easiest method is to turn your unit on. After the unit has stopped loading Press and Hold the View button. This will pull up an express menu. Scroll down and select System, then System Status.
- (This option is on the start up screen) Press the Menu button for Start Up Options. Using your four way cursor button, scroll down and select System Status using the right cursor. This will pull up a screen showing the Software Version number in the middle of the screen. On this same screen you will see your unit Model name and Serial number. If checking for software version, once you have completed this step, you can compare this version number to either our list of current software versions for all products or go to the Software Updates section of our site. Watch a short video on this method.
- Your serial number is also located on the back of your unit, near the connectors or on the bottom of the unit front housing. This too is model dependent. To see where you can find the serial number on your model, review the illustrations provided on the following page: Locating Your Serial Number
- Connect your Humminbird software upgradeable unit to a PC loaded with HumminbirdPC software (available through the Software Download section of My Humminbird) and access the "Get Unit Profile" feature of the HumminbirdPC program to display the "Software Information"
SOLIX, ONIX, and ION Models
- From the Home icon or screen select Settings.
- Scroll down to Network. Right cursor over to the options and select System Info.
Serial Number and Software version are displayed on the home screen: