When corrupt nav data is suspected of being the cause of issues with your system we would like to take the following steps to check for this and clear out any possible bad information.
- On the affected unit, export your nav data to a SD/MSD card.
- You will then need to insert the card into your computer that has HumminbirdPC loaded. If you do not have this program, you can download it here.
- Upon opening your HumminbirdPC program, you will click on the Blue Down arrow under the icon of the SD card. This will download your data.
- You will then have a .gpx file name appear beside your Computer icon that will be expandable. You will expand this and click on waypoints.
- Some things to check are:
- Confirm that the names of all waypoints are accurate and that all waypoints have a name. They can be no more than 11 characters and cannot contain any Invalid Characters. Approved characters are as follows: , !, ', (, ), +, ,, -, ., /, 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, :,?, A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, J, K, L, M, N, O, P, Q, R, S, T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z, a, b, c, d, e, f, g, h, i, j, k, l, m, n, o, p, q, r, s, t, u, v, w, x, y, z, À, Á, Â, Ã, Ä, Å, Æ, Ç, È, É, Ê, Í, Î, Ï, Ñ, Ó, Ô, Õ, Ö, Ø, Ú, Û, Ü, Ý, ß, à, á, â, ã, ä, å, æ, ç, è, é, ê, í, î, ï, ñ, ó, ô, õ, ö, ø, ú, û, ü, ý, Ā, ā, Ą, ą, Ć, ć, č, Ď, ď, Ē, ē, Ĕ, ĕ, Ė, ė, Ę, ę, Ģ, ģ, Ī, ī, Į, į, Ķ, ķ, ĺ, Ļ, ļ, Ł, ł, Ń, ń, Ņ, ņ, Ň, ň, Ř, ř, Ś, ś, Š, š, Ť, ť, Ū, ū, Ů, ů, Ų, ų, Ź, ź, Ż, ż, Ž, ž, Α, Β, Γ, Δ, Ε, Ζ, Η, Θ, Ι, Κ, Λ, Μ, Ν, Ξ, Ο, Π, Ρ, Σ, Τ, Υ, Φ, Χ, Ψ, Ω, α, β, γ, δ, ε, ζ, η, θ, ι, κ, λ, μ, ν, ξ, ο, π, ρ, σ, τ, υ, φ, χ, ψ, ω,
- Confirm that the latitude and longitude of the waypoints are valid as well. Some things to look for will be values that are mostly zeros(0s) and maybe one additional digit. As an example: N00.00.01 W000.00.000 would not be a valid waypoint.
- Click on the track list to expand this and confirm that there are no tracks listed with more than 20,000 points as this is the limit to our track data on the Humminbird systems.
- Our units are limited on the number of routes that can be used so we would also need to confirm the number of routes if any are being loaded.
- Once you have checked for the items listed, you can then click on the .gpx file to select this.
- Then click on the Green Up arrow to upload the corrected/fixed nav data back to the card in the computer.
- This will ask if you would like to Add or Replace the current data. We would ask that you Opt to Replace so that the corrected information is being loaded.
Prior to inserting the card back into the Humminbird system, we would ask that while the unit is powered on, navigate to the Setup menu tab and scroll down to Format Nav Directories. This will clear all of the currently stored nav data in the system. This will allow you to then insert the card and upload the newly refreshed information that was loaded to your card.